This morning as I was sitting on the dentist chair, I saw this poster which made me think of the holiday season and the coming New Year. You may have seen this before but it is worth reading again as its advice is priceless.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is an American author best known for his inspirational book, Life’s Little Instruction Book, which was a New York Times bestseller (1991–1994) Its sequel Life’s Little Instruction Book: Volume 2 also made it to the same best seller list in 1993.
21 Suggestions for Success
By H Jackson Browne Jr.
- Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive even if it means you’ll sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Don’t do anything that wouldn’t make your Mom proud.
Whatever is good, whatever brings you joy…
May it be yours during this magical Season
and throughout the coming year.
Best wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season
and a New Year filled with Peace and Happiness and Great Marketing