I am delighted to be participating at MARCOM Professional Development Annual Forum 2013 – the premiere educational forum that understands the daily reality of marketing and communications. It’s all happening at the Ottawa Convention Centre on May 28 & 29, 2013.
MARCOM looks at the trends and topics that matter most to public sector and not-for-profit marketers and communicators. It’s a chance for marketers and communicators to mingle with like-minded people and pick up practical tools and tips.
This year’s theme is Mission Possible: Change Agent – Inspire, Influence, Act.
We now live in an era where every function within an organization is being fundamentally redefined. Our responsiveness and effectiveness as marketers and communicators depends on how well integrated and equipped we are as individuals. In an organization that is forward-thinking, we are not followers: we are Change Agents.
As Change Agents we have our eyes on the future and the organization’s big picture. We understand the management vision and values. We seek to understand the many roles of our organization and the need for integration in achieving our goals. We are flexible in taking on more responsibilities. We are creative in facilitating new ways of working. We are inclusive in our discussions to facilitate and influence decision-making. We are passionate about our work and inspire passion in others. Above all, we are self-motivated and driven to get the job done! We are catalysts for change to the benefit of our organizations and ourselves. We Inspire, we Influence and above all, we Act!
MARCOM offers inspiring keynotes and plenary sessions, 16 concurrent sessions, peer2peer Round-tables and a networking reception. There are a total of 4 pre-forum workshops an exhibit showcase.
This year my presentation at MARCOM will be: How I Became a Change Agent during my years in the Public Service
I will share my experiences, working in the public sector and will describe how my team and I became agents of change in marketing (including social marketing), private sector partnerships and the early years of the internet. I will also present my 10 Rules that need to be followed to be a change agent in government.
I will also be running a workshop at MARCOM on May 27th.
You will learn:
- How to use a step-by-step structured approach to prepare a social marketing plan: that is actionable; has maximum impact and leads to successful implementation;
- How to present and “sell” your social marketing strategy to management;
- How to implement a social marketing program on a very tight budget and still have maximum impact on changing attitudes and behaviours;
- How to monitor and evaluate your outputs, outcomes and impacts;
- How social marketing gives you a single approach: for mobilizing communities; influencing the media; advocating key stakeholders and building strategic alliances with business.
You will also receive a free Workbook which guides you through the process for creating your own Customized Social Marketing Action Plan.